Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Out of commission from a yarn related injury.

Between the hooded cowl I made my daughter, the tree skirt I made myself and 2 orders that came in, I was hooking fast the last 2 weeks. By midweek last week, I was suffering the consequences of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Watching yourself crochet so fast that your hook is a blur and you're going along might seem pretty awesome, but you will pay for it later on,,. at night when you're awaken by the numb, tingling pain in your arm. Being the stubborn hooker that I am, I pushed through to do my orders. I slept with a wrist brace and stopped crocheting for 5 days. Now that might not seem like a long time to many people and usually it wouldn't be that bad for me either but I had plans and ideas.

 I have a toddler sweater idea that I want to design and a few blog posts that I need to crochet examples for. I feel like a child who has candy in front of them, but can't eat it. I'm crocheting a little today but I'm limiting myself and taking a lot of breaks with stretching but I'm going to continue to take it easy for a few more days. Now, where's Ryan Gosling when you need him?



And one more....



No comments:

Post a Comment