Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Finished project, well kind of.

Here's something I just finished... sort of.


It's a tree skirt for my Christmas tree. I have a beautiful 7 ft tree that's nearly 5 ft in diameter at the bottom. I had a 44 inch tree skirt from a previous, smaller tree I had. This tree skirt was too small for my 7 footer and looked rather silly to me.  I found this pattern on ravelry and knew this was the pattern I needed. I changed the color placement a bit but the stitch pattern is the same. I then added a different border.

 The closest border I can link you to is this one that uses only 2 colors. I played around with it to make it work for my 4 colors (there are 2 white). Let me tell you, it was no fun to do. I ended up sitting on the floor all day so that I would be less likely to lose my stitches that weren't on a hook at the time. The final size was 56 inches, a full foot longer in diameter than my original one. Now I just have all the ends to weave in. But that's for another day. Why not, they're hidden at the back of the tree anyway.




Have a great day and don't forget to stop by my Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment